Scholarship Series - 70 Maharashtra Government Scholarship for Higher Studies Abroad
Maharashtra Governments Social Justice special Assistace Scheme
Department Social Welfare Department
1. Applications are invited to Study abroad for students belongs to Scheduled Caste for the year 2011-12
2. Students those who have taken admission in any Foreign University
3. Scholarships Criteria:
- Above Scholarship is for the academic year 2011-12
- Aspiring Applicant should be a domicile of Maharashtra
- Applicant should be SC/Neo-Buddhist.
- Applicants age should not be more than 35 years since the date of the publication of this Ad
- Applicants and his familys total annual income should not be more than Rs. 2.40 Lakh
- Applicants those who have just passed will be given preference for the scholarship
- Scholarship will be managed by social welfare department of Maharashtra government, Pune.
- All the documents and Application form will be scrutinize by the department.
4. Documents to be Attached with the Application form:
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate (notified by the Gazatted authority, year 2010-11 financial year)
- Copy of the Admission Letter from the Foreign University where applicant has secured the admission.
- Copy of the prospectus of the University (in which respected course with internships full time line is mentioned)
- Copy of the Expected Annual Expenditure of the course study in foreign University.
- Copy of the Certificate of applicat is a Domicile of Maharaashtra State issued by the authority.
- Copy of Ration Card.
5. To get the Visa procedure done for the respected country where applicat reserved the admission will be the responsibility of the student.
6. Applicant can only apply once for the scheme
7. University/Institute where applicant has secured the admission should be Accredited University/ Institute of the Country and State applicant has to produce documents related to it with the form.
8. This Scholarship will be given only for the students those who wanted to pursue their Post Graduation or students those who have completed postgraduation applied for PhD.
9. Applicant will be consider those who are taking admission in first year of the course and not for IInd or IIIrd Year.
a) Arts - 10 PhD
b) Commerce - 4 PhD
c) Science - 6 PhD
d) Management - 8 Post-Graduation
e) Medicine - 8 Post-Graduation
f) Engineering - 10 Post-Graduation, 4 PhD
Total Seats 26 for Post-Graduation 24 Seats for PhD
11. Qualification required for PhD: - 50% Marks in Post-Graduation (first attempt)
for Post-Graduation- 50% marks in Graduation.
12. Applicant can not change the University and course which the student has applied for while applying for the Scholarship.
13. If student left the course in between then Government will recover the amount spend from the ward or the student or from the gurantee, applicant will have to sign a letter regarding this.
14. Applicant will not be allowed to raise the term of the visa after the course period is over.
15. Applicant have to submit a report copy of final year marksheet and Certificate/ Degree awarded by the University to the Director of the Social Welfare Deapartment.
16. Course period can not be extended neither the amount will be given to the applicant for that period.
17. Applicant have to inform to the Director of the Social Welfare Deapartment about his departure date, Flight Information Name of the Flight Number, Date, Flight Schedule and Exact Amount of the Ticket Should be mentioned.
Last Date of Receiving the Applications with all important documents 20/08/2011
Half filled application form will not be consider for the further review.
The Director of Social Welfare
Department, Maharashtra Government,
3 Church Road