Scholarship Series: 5 - National Overseas Scholarships for STs
The scheme provides financial assistance to students selected for pursuing higher studies abroad in certain subjects at Master level, and for Ph. D. and Post Doctoral research programmes.
Bachelor level courses are not covered under the scheme. 15 awards and 4 passage Grant per year would be sanctioned to ST students as under: -
No. of Scholarship
No. of Passage Grant
Primitive Tribal Groups
- For Post Doctoral: 1st class with 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master’s Degree and Ph.D.
Experience: 5 years- Research/Teaching/ Professional in the concerned field is desirable. Candidates with experience would be given preference
- For Ph.D.: 1st class with 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Masters Degree.
Experience: 2 years – Teaching/ Research/ Professional/ M. Phil Degree in the concerned field is desirable. Candidates with experience would be given preference.
- For Masters Degree: 1st Class with 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience: 2 years’ work experience in the concerned field is desirable. Candidates with experience would be given preference.
Below 35 years on first day of the month of the advertisement of the scheme
Total income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents; guardians should not exceed Rs. 25,000/- per month copy of latest tax-assessment, be also enclosed with application.
- Only one child of the same parents/guardians will be eligible and to this effect a self-certification will be required from the candidate.
- Selected candidates will be required to execute a bond with atleast two sureties of an amount of Rs.50,000/- each or the actual amount spent by Government of India, whichever is more.
- The award can be availed only once by the candidate under the scheme. The awardees will be governed by the regulations of the Scheme.
- The Candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University/Institution abroad.
- Other details may be obtained on request.
NOTE: Attested copies of the following documents must accompany with applications:-
- Matriculation or other certificate as proof for date of birth;
- Caste certificate from competent authority;
- All Degrees/Diplomas/Certificate with mark sheets; and
- Income certificate in the prescribed format.
In case of Passage Grant: Additional information with a statement indicating;
- Details of merit scholarship and the manner in which it has been obtained; and
- Attested copy of the letter of the award.
Employed candidates must send their applications through employer. In case of final selection, the employed awardees himself/herself have to sort out all administrative matters like study leave, salary etc. with his/her employer.
Application should be sent to
The Joint Director,
Ministry of Tribal Affairs,
Government of India, [Education Section],
Room No. 400, B Wing,
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road,
The advertisement and the application form are also available on the Ministry of Tribal Affairs’ website www.tribal.nic.in.
For Subjects and Discipline please click on the link here