Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy was established in the month of September, 2009 under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is funded by University Grants Commission. Only five universities across the country have been funded for Coaching Academy.
The main thrust of the Coaching Programme is to prepare candidates from the Minority community along with SC/ST and Women candidates for Government Services so that their representation is increased in Government jobs. Academic support and guidance along with 3 personality development are emphasised at the Academy for holistic development of candidates to face the stiff competition for entry into services.
- Graduate in any discipline who intends to apply for the Civil Services and other services.
- Benefits under the scheme can be availed by a particular candidate for not more than two times, irrespective of the number of chances; he/she may be entitled to in a particular competitive examination. However, those candidates who have cleared any competitive examination during his/her stay in the Academy within these two years may be permitted to sit in entrance test.
- Candidates who are doing full time course from any institute/organisation or are employed anywhere will not be considered for admission in the Academy.
- The selected candidates shall have to attend all classes. In the event of any candidate remaining absent for more than 15 days, without any valid reason, benefits of free coaching and hostel facility shall be discontinued.
The Academy will screen and scrutinise the applications on specific parameters and only short listed candidates would be allowed to sit in the All India written test conducted at various centres. Those candidates who qualify the written test would be called for the interview at Jamia Hamdard Campus, New Delhi. Selection would be based on merit 4
determined by performance in written test and interview. Entrance test would be conducted at Patna, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Calicut, Thiruvananthapuram, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Lucknow and Srinagar (J&K) and other locations.
Free hostel facility is provided to all admitted candidates on twin sharing basis . Hostel rooms are equipped with all the basic amenities. Mess facility is open to all the residents of hostel on payment basis. The hostel facilities would be provided for a period of ten months only.
20% of the selected candidates would be awarded with stipend of Rs. 2,000 per month. The criteria for selection are based on merit cum means of the candidate. The stipend will be given for a period of ten months which will commensurate with the stay in the hostel.
Fees and Deposits
- Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (in the form of Demand Draft in favour of ‘Jamia Hamdard’, New Delhi).
- Admission fee: Rs. 500/- (in the form of Demand Draft in favour of ‘Jamia Hamdard’, New Delhi).
- Security/caution money: Rs. 5000/- (refundable).
Note: The caution money will be forfeited, if any candidate leaves Academy without permission or takes admission with fraudulent mean or conceals relevant information or violates the rules and regulations of the Academy or damages books/material belonging to Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy and the Hostel.
- Date of issue of application form on website: 19th August, 2011
- Date of issue of application form in person: 19th August, 2011
- Last date for issue of Application Form in Person: 20th September, 2011
- Last date for receipt of completed Application form: 30th September, 2011
- Date of Entrance Test: 19th November, 2011
- Date of Result: Fourth Week of December
- Interviews of candidates selected on the basis of written test: Last week of December, 2011 - 1st week of January, 2012
The application form can be downloaded from the University website (www.jamiahamdard.edu). Two self addressed envelope should be attached with the application form. Duly completed form can be sent to the ‘Office of the Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi -110062.
Contact Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy
Address: Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar,
Phone Number: 011- 26059686 (Extn: 5749)
Fax No. : 011- 26059663
Website: www. jamiahamdard.edu
E. mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details click here