IAS and Allied Services Training Centre (Punjabi University), Patiala
The IAS and Allied Services Training Centre, Punjabi University (Patiala), is one of the leading insitituition of north India. It imparts coaching to the candidates for IAS, PCS (Judicial), PCS, BDPO, DSP, CDS, PO (Banking), NET (UGC), MBA/MCA, PMT, CET, B.Ed LLB examinations & entrance tests.
The centre is attached to the Pre-Examination Training Centre for Competitive Examinations (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India) for weaker sections (including Scheduled Castes, Other Backward Classes and Minorities) which has been conducting the above stated (except state level) courses and functioning successfully since 1970. They are provided free coaching and monthly stipend as per rules provided their annual family income is below 1 Lakh.
1. Fee is accepted by Bank Draft payable to the Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala only after the selection of a candidate for a Course.
2. Trainees belonging to Weaker Sections (including S.C., OBC & Minorities) are provided free coaching and stipend as per rules provided their annual family income is below one lac.
3. Hostel charges are to be borne by the trainees.
4. Under exceptional circumstances the Director can increase or decrease the number of seats and time schedule of courses.
5. In addition to the above schedule a special Crash Course may be conducted by the Centre if P.P.S.C., Banking Board/other Recruitment Agencies advertise posts at any other time of the year.
6. For complete details about courses, duration, fee structure, time of admission please refer to www.punjabiuniversity.ac.in/pages/teaching/ias.htm
Centre for Coaching and Career Planning, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
The Centre for Coaching and Career Planning is providing specialized coaching for various competitive examinations with special focus on the aspirants from SC/ST and minority communities.
This centre is running UGC sponsored scheme of coachings for students from SC, ST and minorities. The students are eligible for joining any of the coaching programmes based the performance of entrance test and interview organized by the centre.
Coaching Programme Offered by the Centre -
1. Civil Services Coaching (IAS/PCS)
Duration- I year
Seats - 40
Eligibility - Bachelor's degree (10+2+3 pattern in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent institution. Admission test will be based on entrance test comprising of written test (85%) and interview (15%).
Commencement of Course: July
2. Coaching for NET/JRF
Duration- 6 months
Seats - 40
Eligibility - Post Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent institution. Admission test will be based on entrance test comprising of written test (85%) and interview ( 15%).
Commencement of Course: July & January
3. Coaching for Engineering Entrance Test
Duration- 2 months
Seats - 40
Eligibility - 10+2 with Physics Chemistry and Mathematics combination. Admission test will be based on entrance test comprising of written test (85%) and interview (15%).
Commencement of Course: July
4. Remedial Coaching for different Competitive Exams
Seats - 40
Eligibility - As per the requirement of the competitions. Admission test will be based on entrance test comprising of written test (85%) and interview( 15%).
Commencement of Course: July
Free pre Examination Coaching to SC/ST/OBC/Minorities communities who desire in the forthcoming competitive examinations
Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi
Department for the Welfare of SC/ST/OBC/Minorities Pre Examination Coaching Centre
61/32, Ramjas Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi - 110005, Telephone No. 28725193
Free pre Examination Coaching will be provided to the canidates, belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minorities communities who desire in the forthcoming competitive examinations for Recruitment of Clerical Staff in State Bank of India, Clerical Cadre Post in Punjab & Sind Bank, Clerical Cadre Post in Oriental Bank of Commerce and Trained Graduate Teacher, Primary Teacher & Post Graduate Teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. The period of coaching shall not exceed three months or upto the date of examinations, whichever is earlier.
The eligible candidates whose parent's total income from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 Lacs per annum, residing in Delhi for the last five years, have not taken two times coaching from this centre or any Govt. of India aided centre for any Post/Entrance Test and have applied for above said competitive examinations, may submit their application form (Form can be obtained free of cost from the Pre-Examination Coaching Centre) along with attested copies of testimonials, documents and two passport size latest photographs on or before 09.12.2010. A Writte Test will be conducted on 10.12.2010 for selection/ admssion of canidates for providing free coaching for providing free coaching for preparation of the above said forthcoming competitive examination coaching to be held in future. Results of the Written Test for admission in this Coaching Centre shall be declared on 13.12.2010 at 4.00 pm.
Admission will be provided upto 16.12.2010 and classes shall commence from 14.12.2010
DIP/1277/2010-11 Secretary (SC/ST/OBC/MIn.)
Courtesy : Times of India of December 1, 2010
Free Coaching for SC and OBC Students by Govt. of India 2011-12
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has announced notification for admission to Free Coaching Scheme to SC and OBC Students for the year 2011-2012.
The coaching will be useful for those candidates like to appear for competitive examinations conducted by UPSC, SSC, RRB, State Public Service Commissions, PSU companies and also private sector jobs.
The candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Other Backward Classes can utilize this opportunity. This is a Central Government Sponsored Scheme and named as 'Central Sector Scheme of Free Coaching for SC and OBC Students. Following are details of eligibility and application procedure:
Eligibility and Qualifications: The applications must have secured the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination as prescribed by the concerned recruiting agency for which free coaching is implemented. Only SC and OBC students with total family income of up to Rs. 2 lakh per annum will be eligible under the scheme.
Complete expenditure under this scheme will be borne by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. The coaching will be offered for the following examinations:
- Group A and B examinations of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Group A and B Exams of Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Group A and B Exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) and the State Public Service Commissions.
- Officers' Grade examinations conducted by Banks, Insurance Companies and Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
- Finishing / job oriented courses offered in the private sector like IT, Bio-technology.
The free coaching scheme will be implemented through the reputed coaching institutions / centers run by the State / UT Governments, all kinds including the Deemed Universities in the private sector and also by private sector organizations. Selection of the candidates will be based on the merit only. Selected candidates will get a stipend of Rs. 750 per month for local students and Rs.1500 per month for outstation students. Admission ratio for SC and OBC students will be 70:30.
Interested candidates can download application forms from http://socialjustice.nic.in/freecoach.php .
Filled in application forms along with all necessary documents should be sent to 'Room No: 646, A- Wing, 6th floor, M/O Social Justice and Empowerment, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi - 110115.
Last date for the receipt of filled in applications is 29th July 2011.
Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy for SC/ST and Women candidates
Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy was established in the month of September, 2009 under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is funded by University Grants Commission. Only five universities across the country have been funded for Coaching Academy.
The main thrust of the Coaching Programme is to prepare candidates from the Minority community along with SC/ST and Women candidates for Government Services so that their representation is increased in Government jobs. Academic support and guidance along with 3 personality development are emphasised at the Academy for holistic development of candidates to face the stiff competition for entry into services.
- Graduate in any discipline who intends to apply for the Civil Services and other services.
- Benefits under the scheme can be availed by a particular candidate for not more than two times, irrespective of the number of chances; he/she may be entitled to in a particular competitive examination. However, those candidates who have cleared any competitive examination during his/her stay in the Academy within these two years may be permitted to sit in entrance test.
- Candidates who are doing full time course from any institute/organisation or are employed anywhere will not be considered for admission in the Academy.
- The selected candidates shall have to attend all classes. In the event of any candidate remaining absent for more than 15 days, without any valid reason, benefits of free coaching and hostel facility shall be discontinued.
The Academy will screen and scrutinise the applications on specific parameters and only short listed candidates would be allowed to sit in the All India written test conducted at various centres. Those candidates who qualify the written test would be called for the interview at Jamia Hamdard Campus, New Delhi. Selection would be based on merit 4
determined by performance in written test and interview. Entrance test would be conducted at Patna, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Calicut, Thiruvananthapuram, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Lucknow and Srinagar (J&K) and other locations.
Free hostel facility is provided to all admitted candidates on twin sharing basis . Hostel rooms are equipped with all the basic amenities. Mess facility is open to all the residents of hostel on payment basis. The hostel facilities would be provided for a period of ten months only.
20% of the selected candidates would be awarded with stipend of Rs. 2,000 per month. The criteria for selection are based on merit cum means of the candidate. The stipend will be given for a period of ten months which will commensurate with the stay in the hostel.
Fees and Deposits
- Application Fee: Rs. 100/- (in the form of Demand Draft in favour of ‘Jamia Hamdard’, New Delhi).
- Admission fee: Rs. 500/- (in the form of Demand Draft in favour of ‘Jamia Hamdard’, New Delhi).
- Security/caution money: Rs. 5000/- (refundable).
Note: The caution money will be forfeited, if any candidate leaves Academy without permission or takes admission with fraudulent mean or conceals relevant information or violates the rules and regulations of the Academy or damages books/material belonging to Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy and the Hostel.
- Date of issue of application form on website: 19th August, 2011
- Date of issue of application form in person: 19th August, 2011
- Last date for issue of Application Form in Person: 20th September, 2011
- Last date for receipt of completed Application form: 30th September, 2011
- Date of Entrance Test: 19th November, 2011
- Date of Result: Fourth Week of December
- Interviews of candidates selected on the basis of written test: Last week of December, 2011 - 1st week of January, 2012
The application form can be downloaded from the University website (www.jamiahamdard.edu). Two self addressed envelope should be attached with the application form. Duly completed form can be sent to the ‘Office of the Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy, Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi -110062.
Contact Jamia Hamdard Residential Coaching Academy
Address: Jamia Hamdard, Hamdard Nagar,
Phone Number: 011- 26059686 (Extn: 5749)
Fax No. : 011- 26059663
Website: www. jamiahamdard.edu
E. mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details click here
Dr. Y.S.R. STUDY CIRCLE, Secunderabad
Applications are invited from the eligible ST, SC and BC candidates for admission into Free Coaching Programme for UPSC Civil Prelims Examination 2012 which includes free books, free boarding and lodging up to Civil Prelims Exams in June 2012.
Eligibility: The minimum qualification required is any graduation (Bachelors Degree) from a recognized University.
- The selection is based on MERIT on average marks of SSC, Intermediate, and Graduation.
- Reservation quotas will be applied among the native candidates on pro-rata basis as per ST population in each District for admission of ST candidates as per Go Ms No.90 SW TWD-1 Dt.1-9-2009.
- For SC and BC Candidates :- On merit at Zonal level.
- Reservations are as follows: 75% for STs, 15% for SCs, 10% for BCs. 1/3rd seats are reserved for women candidates in each category.
Send filled in Application Form to
Principal, Dr. Y.S.R Study Circle for STs-PETC,
Budha Bhavan, Tankbund Road, Secunderabad – 500003.
The Last Date for submission of application form is: 24 September, 2011.
For more details: click here
Free coaching for civils aspirants
Jamia Millia Islamia’s Centre for Coaching and Career Planning has invited applications for free coaching along with hostel facilities for civil service aspirants. Only Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, women candidates and other students belonging to the minority category are eligible to apply. Application forms can be downloaded from Jamia’s website or collected from the office of the Centre for Coaching and Career Planning in Jamia on all working days.
The last date for applying is September 21 and the entrance test is scheduled for September 30.Inquiries can be made over the phone at these numbers - 011-26985492, 26981717 with extension numbers 4272 and 4274.
For more details please visit: http://www.jmi.ac.in.